Web-Interface for packages in Fedora: repoview, repowatch, something else?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Jul 19 06:08:22 UTC 2007

On 19.07.2007 04:36, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Richard Körber wrote:
>
>> My primary goal for repowatch was to watch several repositories
>> simultaneously, and give reports about packages that have been recently
>> added or removed from a repository. A nice side effect is the
>> possibility to online search for packages.
>
> You might want to consider having this done as part of the Fedora
> Project and file a RFR with the infrastructure team.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/RFR

+1

And what I'd really like to see in repoview/repowatch/pkgs-db/whatever
is a kind of static-url like

fedoraproject.org/pacakges/foo

which gives some info *for users* about the package in Fedora and links
to the latest packages (or its repowatch/repoview/whatever pages that
have more details about the packages) for currently supported distributions.

Then we could points users to that page and can tell the maintainers of
foo "for Fedora packages send your users to
fedoraproject.org/packages/foo for further informations"

CU
thl