NOTE: Please publicize any license changes to your packages

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Mon Jul 23 15:25:24 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-23 at 09:10 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-07-23 at 07:33 +0100, Andy Green wrote:

> > The automated technique is a small burden if it works for most packages.
> We already _have_ way too much bureaucracy in Fedora.

automation != bureaucracy

> >  Since care is taken about the license to get it into Fedora it is
> > consistent to take some care about the license after it is in... and
> > with fun things like "or later" now...
> Feel free to do so - Without me. Shall the "Board" (Whatever
> board-de-jour we might be talking about) and the dark forces surrounding
> it inside of RH do so - Without me - Period.

Dark forces? Man, I'd like to have your imagination...

I'll repeat myself, but: notifying others of license changes is only
courteous. If there is a rule to do it that way, so much for the better
-- no nasty surprises for me as the packager or developer person using
the package. If that can be assisted in an automated fashion, what is
the problem?

And Ralf, please refrain from PMs just to make comments that are way out
of line. Thanks.

Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com
 Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."  --  B. Franklin, 1759