Re: WTF⁈ ShowOnlyIn=GNOME

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 08:17:37 -0700
"Christopher Stone" <chris stone gmail com> wrote:

> kate

On a shared system where some users prefer Gnome and some prefer KDE, I
don't want to have KDE apps such as kate cluttering up the Gnome
users's menu.  Likewise I wouldn't want the KDE user to be cluttered
with gnome.

As stated before, perhaps what is needed is the tools such as
gnome-menu or whatever xfce uses ignore the ShowOnlyIn argument and
display them all anyway.

I seem to recall back in the middle ages, that when in Gnome, there
was a main Menu entry called KDE, which brought a submenu up showing
the menu of KDE apps you would see in KDE. And vice versa. I think
this would be a nice thing to have, and might represent a happy medium
for all sides of this argument.