Re: NOTE: Please publicize any license changes to your packages

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 12:49:59 -0700
Arjan van de Ven <arjan infradead org> wrote:

> gplv3 is not compatible with v2, but for what would it need to be? YOu
> can have v2 and v3 programs in the same distro just like you can have
> v2 and other licensed programs in the same distro.
>
> It only becomes a problem when you're linking (and for most cases that
> is fine) or are otherwise a derived work.

Yes, and that's why we need to know, so we can examine the linking path
and ensure that we're not breaking any (l)gplv2 only licenses.  We
can't just rely upon upstream, as they have no idea what we're linking
to their software.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora