rawhide report: 20070727 changes

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Fri Jul 27 12:34:23 UTC 2007

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 08:19:45 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 14:17:27 +0200
> Michael Schwendt <mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de> wrote:
>
> > Started	Wed, 25 Jul 2007 06:00:48 MST
> > Completed	Wed, 25 Jul 2007 06:22:06 MST
> > State 	complete
> > Task	build (dist-f8, devel:grass-6_2_2-1_fc8)
> >
> > Why can this not be found in the repository and build reports
> > from 07-24 to 07-27?
>
> Because we're in a freeze, as announced multiple times to
> fedora-devel-list, which posts to this list, and pointed out multiple
> times both
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/Overview#head-f1ce962de535354f76b5103bac7be2d22c9a9045
> and http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/DevelFreezePolicy

Poorly chosen tag names. It could not be more confusing. :(

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/tags

The package is tagged with "dist-f8", but there's also "dist-rawhide"
and "f8-test1", and the last sentence of DevelFreezePolicy says

    Note that ignoring the freeze process can lead to your package not
    getting tagged for the freeze tag, and thus not pushed to rawhide and
    the final release.

and that inspite of a package being tagged "dist-f8".

Then you, Jesse, announced the following:

    We have frozen for Fedora 8 Test 1.  A "freeze" tag exists, 'f8-test1'
    that is a container for the packages that are destined to be in Test1
    (and rawhide until test1 is fully composed and released to mirrors).

Uh? "and rawhide"? Apparently not.

It's not my package. But I wonder why the EVR upgrade problems list
gets longer?