RPM roadmapping

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Sat Jul 28 22:57:00 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-07-28 at 21:31 +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> >  * Version control the meta-information
[...]
> Ah, something fresh for a change :) Most of the things that have come up
> in this thread, well lets just say I'd been very surprised if they hadn't
> come up.

Great, since I got no reaction to this idea, I thought maybe I was out
to lunch :) Apart from being fresh, do you think it's worth it?
Would you consider it for inclusion? Do you think it would be hard
to do?

> I've been thinking of somewhat different use case, but one of my plans is
> to indeed make information about the current transaction available to
> (lua-)scripts. I already have written beginnings of lua-rpm bindings, once
> that's in usable shape and integrated, scripts could look at current
> transaction member packages, their files etc and do decisions based on
> that info.

I'd be interested in seeing the interface when you have it available.
If it could support the features I proposed, I'd still be happy (even
though I really think they should be base features in rpm(1) instead
of extension scripts, so that people can rely on them everywhere).

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.