RFE: use nasa worldwind for timezone selection (i.e. my first reaction to F7)

Jane Dogalt jdogalt at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 1 11:00:53 UTC 2007

FWIW the first nuisance I'm running into with F7 is during installation
at the timezone selection phase.  The shiny new zoomable map was
shaping up to be a nice improvement, but some bug with the right mouse
drag input handling is causing it to suck.

But a simple bug report asside- the following idea came to me-

If you are going to go to that much effort for the thing, why not take
it a notch further and just integrate nasa worldwind into the anaconda.

You could even have a way (possibly easter egg) to play with worldwind
while the install is going (i.e. another option in addition to reading
the release notes)

Anway, this isn't a project I'm likely to work on, but I think it would
be pretty cool.  I'll admit I haven't even used worldwind other than
maybe once a few years ago.  But if it works as advertised, it seems
like it shouldn't be too hard to integrate it.

-dmc/jdog