X-Chat in Fedora

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Jun 1 12:54:11 UTC 2007

Warren Togami <wtogami <at> redhat.com> writes:
> I took a look at upgrading xchat in rawhide to a more recent version,
> but I gave up when newer versions broke IM (scim and XIM) input which
> would be an unacceptable regression to ship in Fedora.  Perhaps newer
> versions have fixed that issue.

Wasn't that the gtkspell issue, which is "fixed" by simply using
the --enable-spell=static option (which statically includes spell-checking code
dlopening enchant at runtime) instead? Or did you run into a separate issue
there?

In any case, there's a 2.8.2-7.fc7 currently in F7 updates-testing, does this
work with input methods?

        Kevin Kofler