Feature idea: package an installer image as a grub entry before F8. Was [ Re: Very much packages with fc6 tag instead of fc7 in the FC7 tree ]

Sindre Pedersen Bjordal foolish at guezz.net
Sat Jun 2 20:34:22 UTC 2007

I just did a package like this actually, and I did send an email to
-devel about it asking for feedback. Got no response though.

This package consist of the vmlinuz and initrd.img files from the
isolinux dir on the install media and puts them in /grub/ + it uses
grubby to add the grub boot entry to launch Anaconda with the askmethod
option. I have made packages for i386 and x86_64. I've only tested the
i386 one and it works for me.

For FC-6 to F-7:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SindrePedersenBjordal/FedoraBootAnaconda

SPEC here: http://folk.ntnu.no/sindrb/packages/fedora-bootanaconda.spec
SRPM here:
http://folk.ntnu.no/sindrb/packages/fedora-bootanaconda-7-1.fc7.src.rpm

Simple bash script to generate the source tarballs:
http://folk.ntnu.no/sindrb/fedora-bootanaconda/genfedorabootanaconda.sh

Usage: genfedorabootanaconda <fedora release number>
example (for Fedora 8): genfedorabootanaconda 8

--
Sindre Pedersen Bjørdal <foolish at guezz.net>
- http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/SindrePedersenBjordal