Packaging Guideline for JNI Libs?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sun Jun 3 08:53:17 UTC 2007

On Sun, Jun 03, 2007 at 06:03:30AM +0200, Stefan Held wrote:
> Hello guys.
>
> Is there a packaging guideline which describes where JNI native
> libraries for java libs should be installed to?
>
> Would a directory /usr/lib/jni be a bad idea or simply place that lib
> into /usr/lib?

I think that no guideliens exist, there was some discussionon a fedora
java list, but I don't remember how it ended.

My personal opinion (and I think that some FPC members would agree) is
that it is very wrong to put the JNI native libraries for java libs in
/usr/lib. /usr/lib should be reserved for libraries that are linked
against with -lfoo, and unless I am wrong JNI libs are not linked
against but dlopened.

--
Pat