Headsup new (incompatible) libgnomedb and libgda have hit rawhide

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Sun Jun 3 20:12:15 UTC 2007

Hi all,

A bit late, as I was surprised with rawhide switching to F8 mode so soon, but
here is a headsup, or more a heads after about a big leap in the libgda and
libgnomedb versions, libgda and libgnomedb in Fedora have long been at the
1.9.100 unstable / testing version, as gnumeric needed something newer then the
latest stable and stopped working with anything newer then 1.9.100 .

However libgda and libgnomedb upstream have finally released a new stable
version and a contributer has been so good as to provide a patch to gnumeric to
make gnumeric work with this version.

So a couple of days ago libgda-3.0.1 and libgnomedb-3.0.0 have hit rawhide,
together with a gnumeric 1.6.3 update which works with these new versions.

AFAIK gnumeric is the only user, but if not then please fix your packages to
work with these new stable releases.

Also AFAIK several potential libgnomedb using apps where sofar not packaged
because of the libgda / libgnomedb long long testing phase. Now that there
finally is a stable (most important ABI stable!) release, I expect to see other
packages using libgda + libgnomedb showing up. When you add such a package
please let me know, so that I can involve you in helping with testing with any
gda / gnomedb updates.

Since the 3.0.0 release is not ABI compatible with the 1.9.100 release I'm
currently only releasing this for rawhide, however if requested I will concider
pushing this as a F-7 updated too, so if you want to see it there, let me know

Regards,

Hans