fedora for ARM

Krzysztof Halasa khc at pm.waw.pl
Mon Jun 4 13:53:54 UTC 2007

Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> writes:

> In my somewhat limited experience cross-compiling of software which is
> not designed for that from day one is a big pain, let alone
> cross-compiling an entire distro!

It depends. I, for example, cross-compile all the stuff on PC, but
this PC (x86_64) is able to run simple ARM binaries (needed by
configure scripts etc) using binfmt+ssh to a real ARM machine.
Even without chroot is works fine, with chroot it would probably
be almost automatic. The scripts think I'm doing native builds.

I assume one could use an emulator instead of ssh.
--
Krzysztof Halasa