F7 install CDROM unrecognized

SmootherFrOgZ lxtnow at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 14:14:39 UTC 2007

2007/6/4, Gerry Reno <greno at verizon.net>:

> I have not found a driver yet from the list that works.  I've selected
> all the ones for the chipsets, any that looked generic, and just others
> at random.  No luck yet.

So, you'll have to find and import the good one.
Or hardly stuff, think about a netinstall.

ps: strange, i fallen on the same error but it came from my media which is
not good (read error during the "driver loading" and in this case fails to
find my DVD drive)

Jesse Keating wrote:
> > On Monday 04 June 2007 09:30:38 Gerry Reno wrote:
> >
> >> Jesse, this is on real machines as well, not just in QEMU.
> >>

> > Some pata is not greatly supported with the new libata stuff, and you
> may have
> > to select the driver manually, if it is listed.
> >

> --

Xavier.t Lamien
--
French Fedora Ambassador