Re: Unmounting removable media under Gnome

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 22:41 +0100, Steve Hill wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Jun 2007, David Zeuthen wrote:
>
> > False. As of Fedora 7, umount from the command line works just fine
>
> Ok, fair comment - I only burn and rip CDs under FC6 so hadn't tried under
> F7.  My mistake.

Well, we should probably have added it earlier but now it's finally
there. Oh well.

> If there's an explicit unmount option then compatibility is maintained
> and everyone's happy.

Has nothing to do with compatibility. Applications simply need to
properly deal with hardware and not punt it to the user to tweak the
hardware so it's in a state acceptable for the program.

     David