f7 images for mass production

Jack Tanner ihok at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 8 19:08:06 UTC 2007

Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> Hi.
>
> On Fri, 8 Jun 2007 12:25:04 -0400 (EDT), Max Spevack wrote
>
>> I would like to know if the conventional wisdom is that we should use
>> the GOLD images, or if it is worthwhile to use an updated image
>> (either of the LiveCD or of the DVD), in order to pull in any of the
>> updates that have already been published.
>
> Having read http://kernelslacker.livejournal.com/79957.html and after
> my own experiences with newer kernels I'd say we should at least ship
> a newer kernel.

Just a user here, but...

+1 to new updates.img and new kernel and known security updates. No QA
other than "did it compose and boot."

We're also missing a bit of context here -- who/how/when is going to be
receiving these burned discs? If the intended audience includes folks
who have low bandwidth, including a couple of updates is especially
considerate.