The updates firehose

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jun 10 09:34:32 UTC 2007

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 01:06:39 +0000 (UTC), Kevin Kofler wrote:
>
>> The many updates are really Fedora's strength,
>
> ... and also one of its weaknesses, since the users don't like it at all
> if an update breaks something.

This is one thing I suspect is being lost in all the talk about trust
and freedom. Maintainer's freedom doesn't mean much if there is a
avalanche of updates where updates-testing time can be reduced or
skipped any time and where every update increases the chances of
breaking stuff

Anyone wants to write a policy on updates?

Rahul