The updates firehose

Dax Kelson dax at gurulabs.com
Tue Jun 12 02:51:45 UTC 2007

> Gianluca Sforna (giallu at gmail.com) said:
> > On 6/9/07, Bernardo Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> > >Yes, I could use a local Fedora mirror.  And, in fact,
> > >I do.  But then I'd have to customize the yum config on
> > >all clients to go look there.
> > >

> > Guru Labs have a nice howto for solving that problem (/me bookmarking it...)
> >
> > http://www.gurulabs.com/goodies/YUM_automatic_local_mirror.php
>
> Why not just use:
>
>  https://lists.dulug.duke.edu/pipermail/yum-devel/2007-May/003654.html
>
> ?

The Guru Labs local mirror howto method doesn't require *any* changes to
the clients. That was the whole point. :)

If the yum-avahi plugin ever gets installed and enabled by default, then
it would address that concern too.

I have my own question about the yum-avahi. What does it take it get it
to work (if it can) across multiple subnets within an organization?

Dax Kelson
Guru Labs