date format in impress

Caolan McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Tue Jun 12 07:22:37 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-11 at 11:37 -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 6/11/07, Colin Walters <walters at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Random aside - I wonder if anyone would notice or care if the Help menu
> > items just disappeared from all applications.
>
> I'd notice. I use the help a lot when I'm trying to learn how to play
> a new variant of solitaire in aisleriot.
>
> -jef"how the frell do you change openoffice's default date
> representation when using the date field in a presentation template so
> it doesn't use the god aweful European standard of DD/MM/YY and uses
> the much more reasonable US standard of MM/DD/YY."spaleta

in a blank document...

echo $LANG
en_US.UTF-8
ooimpress->insert->date says 6/12/07 i.e. MM/DD/YY

export LANG=en_IE.UTF-8
ooimpress->insert->date says 12/06/07 i.e. DD/MM/YY

Perhaps your document/template has the language set to override the
locale, check tools->options->language settings->languages

C.