Re: Ralink binary firmwares

Dave Jones wrote:
On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 12:28:27AM +0100, Jonathan Underwood wrote:
 > Hi,
> > What is the reasoning behind not bundling the binary firmware for
 > Ralink wireless devices with Fedora 7. AFAIK (and I could be wrong),
 > these are redistributable firmwares, and are not considered "non-free"
 > as they are uploaded to the device itself.

Do you have a pointer to a license for those firmwares suggesting
they're redistributable ?  Because there's nothing on the download
page, or in the zip file that I can see.

Has anybody actually asked ralink under which conditions they can be distributed?

I think it would be a good idea to create a standard letter for this and then mail (maybe even snail mail) it to ralink and to others listed on this page:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/FirmWare

Regards,

Hans