Ralink binary firmwares

KH KH kwizart at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 09:16:26 UTC 2007

2007/6/13, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl>:
> Dave Jones wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 12:28:27AM +0100, Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> >  > Hi,
> >  >
> >  > What is the reasoning behind not bundling the binary firmware for
> >  > Ralink wireless devices with Fedora 7. AFAIK (and I could be wrong),
> >  > these are redistributable firmwares, and are not considered "non-free"
> >  > as they are uploaded to the device itself.
> >
> > Do you have a pointer to a license for those firmwares suggesting
> > they're redistributable ?  Because there's nothing on the download
> > page, or in the zip file that I can see.
> >

> Has anybody actually asked ralink under which conditions they can be distributed?

I don't know if notting was taking care of this?
I proposed to intiate contact,
but i'm not well aware about what to ask in such cases...
If someone wants to contact them, here is the link!
http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Home/Contact.html

They claims to support the linux community - they should answears !
quote : "Ralink is very active in the Linux community,"
from http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Home/Support/Linux.html

Nicolas (kwizart)