Fedora and Cross Compiling

Ken MacLeod ken at bitsko.slc.ut.us
Fri Jun 15 15:23:29 UTC 2007

Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> writes:

> On Fri, 2007-06-15 at 14:20 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> Is rpm able to install arbitrary "foreign arch'ed rpms" to a
> non-default "rpmroot"?
>
> e.g. to run
> rpm -i -r /usr/share/<target>/var/lib/rpm xxx.sparc.rpm
> on non-sparc systems?

Yes, with --noscripts as mentioned elsewhere.

I posted a patch to Yum the other day that adds cross-arch build
installs.  The patch needs to be reworked some so people don't try to
use it to do, say, cross-arch NFS root installs, which do need the
scripts to run natively or some other solution ultimately.

Also posted were patches to mock to support building a target
filesystem and cross-tools root.  I'm updating this to current mock
and some suggested cleanups.

I mis-posted the earlier patch notice so people probably didn't see
it,
  https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-June/msg01716.html

The patch does not address BuildRequires but my thought was to go with
the approach suggested here: BuildRequires is the target native build
requirements and a new header or other way to give HostBuildRequires,
if different.

  -- Ken