Re: random comments about secondary arch proposal

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 03:26:24PM -0500, Matt Domsch wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 06:04:38PM +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > But pcc is not a primary arch, or is it? I thought only i386/x86_64
> > would get the quality stamp "primary arch". :)
>
> yes, ppc is still a primary arch.
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/Meetings/2007-06-12#head-42420222399530fe68e82110587b5ac5c08d75a4

Well in fact that's up to interpretation:

"Decisions:

    * PPC will remain a primary architecture until:
         1. secondary arch process is finalized
         2. there are no other secondary architectures
    * Board approves and welcomes ARM as a secondary architecture"

So the second part of the requirement is already fulfilled, and what
remains is just to have the infrastructure for secondary archs ready,
e.g. separate storage and koji not rejecting builds due to secondary
archs. Maybe I'm missing another secondary arch implementation detail,
but these tasks look rather managable.

So I think one can read this as "ppc/arm have been decided to become
secondary arches, we junst need to setup the infrastructure for them".
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net