Re: user created at install added in sudoers ?

I know that Ubuntu disables the root account by default and automatically enables the first user added to the system to have sudo access. That might not be a bad idea as it guards against brute force attempts against the root account. That would be a good argument in favor of that change but can anyone think of any reasons against this sudo setup?

On 6/15/07, Caio Marcelo <cmarcelo gmail com> wrote:
On 6/15/07, Steven Bakker <sb monkey-mind net> wrote:
> Or alternatively:
>
> * Create a "sudoers" group at install time.
> * Have the "%sudoers" in /etc/sudoers by default.

Just a small note: there's a "wheel" group, which has entries
in /etc/sudoers by default, but commented. This group is usually
for the administration users AFAIK, so it could be used instead of
"sudoers" group.

Cheers,
  Caio Marcelo