x86_64 kde live cd image > 800MB

Michael Weiner hunter at userfriendly.net
Mon Jun 18 01:25:34 UTC 2007

On 6/17/07, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Sunday 17 June 2007 20:13:47 eah wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Is there a reason why x86_64 images are bigger than x86 images?
> > Why is the x86_64 KDE live CD > 800MB? Are there plans to fix this? Has
> > anyone successfully burned and used this KDE live CD? I've used and
> > installed the x86 live CD, but the 64-bit version can't fit to CD.
> >
> > thanks in advance,
> >
> > eah (Eric Hartwell)
>
> It's not a Live"CD".  It's Live Media.  You'll have to use a DVD or USB
> key
> for it.  Due to multilib, the x86_64 Live media is bigger than the pure
> i386
> one.

I wondered the exact same thing, and now that its been explained i would
formally like to request that the file name be changed. It is quite
misleading and makes one wonder how the f&*^@#($^%!@ to burn it successfully
to CD, as there is no documentation saying otherwise.

Just my 2 pesos
Michael Weiner