Re: Improving availability and guaranteeing integrity in ISO downloads

On Sat, Jun 09, 2007 at 07:51:20PM +0200, Ruben Kerkhof wrote:
> On 9-jun-2007, at 14:39, Matt Domsch wrote:
> >
> >I replied on fedora-infrastructure-list just a bit ago.  I'm happy to
> >see this functionality get added to mirrormanager, and am happy to
> >review patches as well. :-)  The trick will be having a python module
> >that, given a list of URL/country tuples, generates the XML pages.
> >Which probably isn't that hard, really.
>
> File attached :-)
>
> My Python skills suck, so feel free to improve it. It doesn't
> implement all fields in the MetaLink specification, but it should do
> the job.

Wow, that was fast.  I'll look at this, but would you mind using the
MIT/X11 license (the same license as Python and TurboGears themselves
use, as does mirrormanager) rather than the GNU GPL?  I'd rather not
get into a license incompatibility mess this early in mirrormanager's
life. :-)

Hi Matt,

Have you had a chance to look over Ruben's additions? Any feedback? He
said he re-licensed it to line up w/ mirrormanager. Any ideas/comments
for features in Metalink that could be of use to Fedora?

thanks,
--
(( Anthony Bryan ... Metalink [ http://www.metalinker.org ]
 )) Easier, More Reliable, and Automatically Repairable Downloads