FESCo elections

Brian Pepple bpepple at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jun 20 13:43:24 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 22:37 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 20:10 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 19:33 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
>
> > > I do not maintain any packages, but participate in the Fedora.  Can I still run?
> > >
> > Not according to the policy.  I think the policy deserves to be examined
> > since FESCo is no longer strictly about packaging but about making all
> > technical decisions WRT Fedora.  I'm undecided whether it should be
> > updated this close to the election.  Does anyone else have thoughts on
> > this?
>
> It's not too close to the elections to change this detail in this
> direction.  Too close to restrict the pool of contenders, but not too
> close to expand it.
>
> +1 to FESCo candidates being anyone with an FAS account.

+1  to allowing more folks be eligible for FESCo, though I'm not sure if
anyone with a FAS account is the right criteria.

Some of the things that FESCo will most likely be overseeing in the
future are things like New Features (which John will be leading), QA,
and Release Engineering.  It makes sense we should make the folks
involved with these aspects of the project also eligible to be part of
FESCo.

Thanks,
/B
--
Brian Pepple <bpepple at fedoraproject.org>

BD5E 6F9E 8688 E668 8F5B  CBDE 326A E936 810C C15E