F7 && Firewire?

KH KH kwizart at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 10:42:59 UTC 2007

2007/6/26, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org>:
> Chris Weyl wrote:
> > Hey all--
> >
> > I'm thinking about upgrading my main workstation to F7; however I I
> > haven't been following things very closely for the last couple weeks.
> > Are there still issues that would reasonably preclude my upgrading?
> > (Not being able to burn DVD's or use my iPod counts :))
> >
> > Thanks-
>
> I heard some grumbling in a couple posts about firewire in the forums.
> Why don't you check it out first using the Live images?
>
> Rahul
>
> --

Hi!
I don't know if there is some news about this, but the the new
firewire (juju stack) in Fedora 7 lacks support of eth1394 at this
time (I'm concerned as i would like to uses it). If ever there is some
patches i could provides feedback...

Also, only libdc1394-2 (alpha/beta state - currently in review) seems
to be supported but lot of applications still uses libdc1394(-1)
(submitted as a review by me), which will not work with the new juju
stack unless a backported patch is provided....

Others components ares supposed to work well (you should test them
indeed - and report bug if they is).

Nicolas (kwizart)