koji.fedoraproject.org Unplanned outage | 6/28/07 - 6:00PM EDT

Jeff MacDonald jam at zoidtechnologies.com
Fri Jun 29 15:24:07 UTC 2007

On Friday 29 June 2007 11:16 am, Christopher Aillon wrote:
> Not all Americans are Fedora packagers.  I'd say the types of people
> that package for a Linux distribution would be more likely to know what
> it is.  Or would at least know to google for it.  :-)

ok.. the issue here is to save time/effort. I get several hundred non-junk
emails during the work week. if I have to do a google search or open a
terminal to figure out if an outage affected me or not, I might just skip it
or get the conversion wrong.

if the notifications are not automated, then by no means should an
engineer/packager/whatnot be expected to list UTC *and* a local time zone.

let's keep it at UTC for now, and *please* use the ISO date format per the
template.

hey.. at least notifications are being sent out. :)

regards,
--
Jeff MacDonald,
Zoid Technologies <http://zoidtechnologies.com/>