Fedora 8's FUDCon

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 18:32:31 UTC 2007

On 6/28/07, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> wrote:
> I didn't know about those pages, it seems that our efforts pretty much
> overlaps, I do believe however that filing this under laptop is (very) wrong,
> as many normal keyboards also have extra keys.

Then there are people like me... who use a laptop as the primary
device with docks.... so i have at minimum 2 different keyboards with
different special keys... so i can't just do a simple keybinding for
special operations...because each keyboard uses different extra
keycodes for buttons meant to do the same thing. I could definitely
use some sort of abstraction layer so that I can setup up the
keybindings for each keyboard once in a profile and then switch to
that profile (even manually with a simple pref if the profile can't be
autodetected) to avoid having to re-config keybindings indivdually by
hand.

-jef"or i could just continue not using those keys as a living
memorial to late 20th century technology...maybe we could even get
some funding to create an accurate late 1980's technology town..like
colonial Williamsburg...but smaller scale..like an office building
cubicle farm with a viewing window."spaleta