Compiz Fusion?

Hikaru Amano kagesenshi.87 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 15:24:27 UTC 2007

On 6/29/07, Jarod Wilson <jwilson at redhat.com> wrote:
> Deependra Singh Shekhawat wrote:
> > I am not sure about rawhide but it has a private repo as if now for
> > Fedora7. http://blog.kagesenshi.org for more info.
>
> A few of us (the current beryl maintainers, compiz maintainers and the
> individual responsible for the above packages) just started discussing
> the path forward earlier this week.

Hi there, I'm the person responsible for those packages ( I have
plenty of aliases :P ) .. the packages are still not good imo ..

compiz fusion introduced lots of changes in the core compiz packages
and some stuff, like desktop-effects, simply breaks ..

these are several issues that I believe need to be resolved .. and I
need ur opinion about them ..

- desktop-effects menu does not JustWork(tm) ..
- which configuration plugin to use? gconf or ccp? the previous compiz
uses gconf .. if we are going to use ccp, desktop-effects needs a
rewrite ..
- the default installation provides several plugins that might pull
more dependencies eg: fuse. to_split or not to_split

I just built today git checkout and they are available here

http://devel.foss.org.my/~kagesenshi/repo/private/testing/

feel free to play around with them ..

about desktop-effects .. for systems with AIGLX, an environment var
need to be exported before launching it to make it work

export LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1

regards
Hikaru
Mohd Izhar Firdaus Bin Ismail