Re: Installation order of basesystem, filesystem and setup.

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 11:35:46AM -0500, Jesse Keating wrote:
> Ok, let me clarify.  A plain Requires: doesn't guarantee that the Required
> package will be installed before the package Requiring it.  It just means it
> either needs to be there before hand, or in the same transaction.  Things
> like %post/%pre requires and PreReq help rpm in ordering the transaction to
> make sure the the things that are needed at install time are actually there,
> vs things needed at runtime.

Well, it's just so that rpm treats PreReqs and Requires pretty much the
same, the only difference is when there is a dependency cycles.
And dependency cycles with PreReqs aren't installable at all, so there
really is no difference...

Cheers,
  Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder                                   mls suse de