Re: FC7 Test2 can't be installed on vmware

Am Montag, den 05.03.2007, 11:00 +0100 schrieb Michaël Vanderheeren:
> Expected the same with FC6
>
> 2007/3/4, 孙宗君 <szj087 gmail com>:
>         Hi, all
>
>         I download FC7 Test2 DVD image. But it reports that "No valid
>         devices were found on which to create new file systems, Please
>         check you hardware for the cause of this problem" when I
>         install it on vmware
>
>         My system is P4 with Window XP SP2. Vmware server is 1.0.
>
>         Does FC7 Test2 support installation on vmware or SATA
>         harddisk?
>
>         Thanks
>
>         Best Regards
>         Sun

It's a bug. A regression.

FC7T1 worked until you upgraded the kernel, then it wouldn't boot.

To get it working on FC7T2, use the advanced mode and choose the
BusLogic SCSI adaptor, or download this:
  http://www.thoughtpolice.co.uk/vmware/#fedora7t2desktop

Simon