Re: VNC development plan - discuss

On 3/6/07, Mark McLoughlin <markmc redhat com> wrote:
        Basically, the problem is that Vino just scrapes the contents of the
root window and exports that. So, if the screensaver is rendering to the
root window, then there's not much Vino can do.

How does vino behave when fast user switching is on.
Say I log into computer as user foo from local display, turn on vino,
then walk away
to a remote computer and activate the vnc session.

User bar comes along and does a fast user switch to login to their
account while local display is active, and user foo is still connected
on it remotely via vino but inactive.

What happens to user foo's  vino session? Does it now display user
bar's desktop? I'm sort of concerned.

-jef"I really really really need to find the time to install a test2
instance and poke"spaleta