Re: yum-deltarpm (Was Thread Hijack - Our package management GUI tools need improvement)

Ahmed Kamal wrote:

A delta rpm update mechanism also enables fedora to issue faster/smaller updates consisting of mainly translation/documentation updates as has been recently requested.

Please leave this part out. This is a controversial, technically unsound and rejected request made by docs teams. We simply cannot frequently have RPM updates purely for documentation and translation updates (although it is fine to include such updates if an update happens for typical reasons).

I have told them an alternative way to do this that enables the ability for unlimited docs updates and faster turnaround, but they have not listened.

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com