Re: RANDR 1.2 heads up

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 11:09:34AM -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
> The display size is limited at server startup, because XAA's memory
> allocator is spectacularly bad.  I don't know if there's a good
> workaround for this.  Try setting a Virtual size in the Screen section
> of xorg.conf?

Yeah, you have to use Virtual to specify the maximum size. It may not be
possible to specify more than 2048xSomething though, because some chips are
limited (at least I read this on some xorg maillist). I just ended up aligning
the screens vertically, but it may not be comfortable.

Regarding the 1920x1200 resolution, did you specify that Monitor-VGA option in
the device section?

--
TJ., BaseOS, Brno, CZ