Re: Yum repository indices broken by reorganization

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Monday 12 March 2007 17:09:20 Michel Salim wrote:
Ah yes, that works. Any reason why this is necessary?

Content moved from Fedora/RPMS/ to just Fedora/ and the cached information didn't cope with that.

Seth, what might we be able to do in the future with things like this? Not that I expect to move content again, but ya never know...

If we really *need* to handle this kind of thing (ie. announcements on mailinglists etc is not enough) it would probably be possible to add a flag to repomd.xml to discard the various caches, but then we'd need a local flag to make sure we only discard those caches once...

IMO, this is not too hard a task to accomplish, but effort is probably better spent elsewhere. Especially now.

/Thomas