User directories integration - request for help

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 15 20:08:00 UTC 2007

nodata wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 15.03.2007, 16:00 -0400 schrieb Matthias Clasen:

>> Any you continually switch languages ?!
>>

> Yes.

Why do you continuously switch languages and how does a rename affect you?

> Renaming a user's directories doesn't seem to be "The UNIX Way" TM

Traditional Unix systems never had to deal with many of the modern
desktop requirements so it's high time we stopped citing the "the unix
way" as a excuse not to change anything. All modern Linux desktop
systems happily automount devices which is distinctly not unixy either.
If there are real practical reasons just cite that specifically.

Rahul