Re: User directories integration - request for help

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 at 7:26pm, Matthias Clasen wrote

On Fri, 2007-03-16 at 00:01 +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:
On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 01:38:00AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

If there are real practical reasons just cite that specifically.

The use home directory shouldn't have non dot files (or directories)
used by the applications.

Because we like to leave the user alone with the task of organizing his
data, music, documents, etc ? To force them to learn something about
filesystem organization and application configuration before they can
use their systems ?

+1

--
Joshua "oh, wait, I think you were being sarcastic" Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering