Re: [RFC] Filesystem-local databases in mlocate

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 05:16:26AM +0100, Miloslav Trmac wrote:
> Can anyone see a problem with the plan, or an important feature that the
> above fails to address?

If I understood it correctly, every locate search would read the files on the
remote volumes, right? The performance will suffer a bit I think. For example,
NFS over 11mbit wifi is fine, but waiting tens of seconds for the database to
download isn't good. Probably a global locate cache db that merges all the
fs-local ones would be nice.

--
TJ., BaseOS, Brno, CZ