Re: too many deamons by default - F7 test 2 live cd

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Exim should probably replaced with something like esmtp or ssmtp in the live cd. Folks wanting to install a full blown MTA can install sendmail, postfix or email on their own.
As maintainer of ssmtp I would be more then pleased to have it included as default MTA. Unfortunatelly it is close to useless without a real MTA (read: mailhub) around. It cannot be used even by thunderbird who expects to talk SMTP with outgoing server(s) ( the presence of a binary called sendmail is not enough ). I've found ssmtp to be most useful in a farm of computers which can/should send their mails to a central server