Re: too many deamons by default - F7 test 2 live cd

On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 13:28 +0000, Andrew Haley wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius writes:
>
>  > >From my experience (I've used Fedora with both ISDN and with DSL Lite),
>  > Fedora with ISDN or modem is plain unusable, with "DSL Lite", the
>  > situation is "bearable", but isn't fun (an openoffice update takes a
>  > working-day).
>
> So don't do that, then.  Fedora doesn't require anyone to yum update openoffice.

That isn't a particularly helpful comment.  Telling people to not update
packages is actually really bad.  Think of security issues, etc.  The
kernel itself is 16MiB or so, and that can't be a speed download on a
link like that either.

Anyway, there really isn't a nice solution to the problem but blatantly
telling someone "don't do that" is pretty asinine.

josh