Re: KDE-Live-CD: basic cd layout and localizations

Am Mon, 19 Mar 2007 08:47:11 +0530
schrieb Rahul Sundaram <sundaram fedoraproject org>:

> It produced a 650 MB KDE ISO image. Booting it on qemu fails with the
> same error message as described in the above bug report. I am not
> sure which udev it downloaded. Are the packages downloaded saved
> anywhere?

The downloaded rpms in
(default) /var/tmp/livecd-creator/build-*/yum-cache/ would be deleted
in the cleanup. But you can chroot into the iso:

# mkdir /mnt/iso
# mount -o loop <livecdimage>.iso /mnt/iso
# mount -o loop -t squashfs /mnt/iso/squashfs.img /mnt/iso/sysroot
# mount -o loop /mnt/iso/sysroot/os.img /mnt/iso/sysroot/sysroot
# rpm -q udev

It should be udev-106 because this is the only version in rawhide atm.

I've tried to replace this with udev-105 when using the --shell
command from the git-version. But it seems not to work. So the only way
I know to create a bootable iso atm is to have a local repository of
[development] with udev-105 only.

Sebastian