Re: Launching g-p-m in gdm, Was: too many deamons by default - F7 test 2 live cd

On 20.03.2007 20:00, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 23:41 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> In a earlier part of this thread, David Zuethen said that the plan is
>> that g-p-m will do system wide power management for Fedora 8.
> Sure, all we have to work out is how we can launch a session instance of
> g-p-m at the login screen, what to do with any UI (if any) and how to
> set system preferences.

BTW, will g-p-m be completely control switching itself or will it simply
chose the governor to be used by the kernel? Or would both be possible?

The reasons why I'm asking: From what I have heard and seen on LKML I
got the *impression* (maybe that's wrong) that in-kernel governor seems
to be the far better choice for modern CPUs.

CU
thl

P.S.: I'd further say the cpufreq stuff should be enabled early in the
boot-process -- gdm seems quite late for me.