signatures for non-rpm files in $arch/os trees?

Hi all,

Is there some way to verify the integrity of the non-rpm files
included in the $arch/os tree?  I'm thinking of the images/
specifically.

If I want to kick off an install I could download the rescue disk iso,
check the gpg sig on the SHA1SUM file, and then verify the sha1sum for
the rescue image.  But if I just want to grab boot.iso or diskboot.img
and do the same thing, I don't know of a way to verify those images.

Is there some way to do this or is there good reason that doing so is
pointless?

Marriages are made in heaven. But so are thunder, lightning, and hail.