Re: Initscripts and LSB compliance

On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 09:51:25AM +0200, Michal Marciniszyn wrote:
> Hi,
> Our first step should be to produce guidelines (we have some for RHEL,
> but they are not obeyed), then force the developers to obey that. It is
> no big deal, but having all scripts behaving correctly and in some sense
> the standard way is definitely good think.

I completely agree. Having glanced through the specification there is
one point that doesn't seems to be desirable, it is the script naming
scheme which seems ugly to me:
Although it could be a SHOULD item that upstream is contacted to
register to the lanana.

The other points seems right to me. Maybe you could put up a
proposal in the wiki and bring it to the packaging commitee on the
fedora-packaging list? There are already some items covered in