Re: hplip: hp-toolbox advertising?

Rex Dieter wrote:
Josh Boyer wrote:
On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 08:38 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
Josh Boyer wrote:

I'd like to point out that there is likely a trademark issue involved
here as well.

The package is produced by HP-Development, so I think they can use their
own logo.  :)

Firefox is produced by Mozilla, yet we can't use their logo without
going through their process when it comes to patching it.

Firefox isn't GPL'd.  The GPL gives us the right to modify and redistribute
without limitation.

Firefox *is* under GPL. The whole codebase is trilicensed under MPL/GPL/LGPL. The license of a software has zero effects on the usage of a logo which maybe protected by a trademark.

Rahul