Re: hplip: hp-toolbox advertising?

On Wednesday 28 March 2007 19:20:29 Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> Jesse,
>
> If you had the hp daemons in, all you had to do was use CUPS to
> install it. You don't need to use the HP toolkit at all .

"use cups".  That's helpful.  I use the print administration tool found in my
menu.  I don't care what backend that uses, I just want the printer to work.
I did add the printer via this backend, and being cluefull I know it uses
cups.  However even after added and the daemons running and such, printing
working fine, hp-toolbox STILL can't find it at all, and thus I can't even
look at all those wizbang features you mentioned where possible.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora