Re: Opinions: Providing "buildsys-macros" in the installed system

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 07:34:05PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> However, with more of these macros in use, the usage case of rebuilding the
> srpms on your local system starts to get harder, as these macros will be
> undefined and you'll have interesting results.  Perhaps surprising results.
> I propose we ship these macros in something like redhat-rpm-config for each
> release, so that when somebody is rebuilding a package on their system, the
> macros are defined correctly for whatever release they are running.  If they
> are rebuilding for another release/distribution, they really should be using
> mock, and having redhat-rpm-config define the right things within their mock
> chroot.

How about making them be "fc7.local" or "fc7.$(hostname)"? I find it really
convenient to be able to distinguish between locally-built and official
packages.

I know I can do "rpm -q --qf '%{buildhost}\n'", so it's not that big of a
deal, but it's nice to have the information more visible.