Re: KDE-Live-CD: trim the fat

Am Thu, 29 Mar 2007 08:02:49 -0500
schrieb Rex Dieter <rdieter math unl edu>:

> Sebastian Vahl wrote:
>
> > I've created a new basic layout for the cd:
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureFedoraKDE/KDELiveCD
> > The size on todays rawhide is about 667 MB.
> > Please tell me which package should be added or removed.
>
> Playing a bit with the F7-test3-KDE-Live, here are some suggestions to
> consider:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RexDieter/F7t3-kde-trim-the-fat

If I haven't missed something all of the mentioned gnome-ish bits are
dependencies or dependencies of a dependency from anaconda. And
anaconda is used for harddisk installation. So If we don't find another
way for installation (and I don't think that we should drop this one
and fall out with the gnome-cd in this point) we have to live with it.

krita, scribus and kdeartwork-extras could be excluded. IMO.
twinkle could be a kde-alternative fo ekiga. But not sure, never used
it.

Sebastian