Re: Mail semantics: mail group, permissions, MTA/MDA suid/sgid and the like

On Fri, Mar 30, 2007 at 01:03:31AM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Axel Thimm (Axel Thimm ATrpms net) said:
> > a) Does every MDA and MUA need to do both locking mechanisms or is
> >    dotlocking the fallback to fcntl? The latter would be an issue, so
> >    it should probably be both for every MDA/MUA.
>
> Short answer is use fcntl or die.

OK, then we should remove current dotlock functionality from MTA/MDAs?
I'm fine with that, it just needs to be a global and wide known policy
so that MTA1 doesn't dotlock while MDA5 fcntl-locks and both think
they own the mbox.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net